The assistant manager is responsible for overseeing the total operation of the assigned Fat Dogs location in the absence of the Manager.
Who We Are looking For
- Arrive at work in a clean and proper uniform, and be clean and neat in appearance
- Report for work in a timely manner when scheduled with regular and consistent attendance.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner. Provide friendly and competent customer service.
- Understand all functions of the POS system, lottery system, Game and Parks system, and fuel system.
- Make change properly and process all sales quickly and accurately.
- Be proficient in opening and closing a shift/day including completing all paperwork including shift deposits. Assist in cash control and bank deposits.
- Ensure all items are properly stocked and priced correctly.
- Read and follow directions.
- Check in vendor delivery.
- Assist in ordering when needed.
- Understand fuel inventory reports.
- Clean and sanitize equipment and perform simple maintainance.
- Keep store neat and clean both inside and out. Complete all sidework assigned.
- Recognize and report problems or potential problems to management.
- Project a positive attitude and have the ability to work as a team.
- Responsible for all aspect of food operations and handling/storage of product including documenting hold times etc.
- Comply with all state/federal regulations.
- Ensure all food products are stored properly, rotated, and ensure a clean and healthy food service environment.
- Assist in hiring, disciplining, and terminating personnel with the involvement of the manager.
- Ensure all paperwork is complete, accurate, and turned in on time.
- Make certain customer needs are met and implement the company’s policy on customer service.
- Attend management meetings and training meetings as required.
- Personally reflect and make certain all personnel are in proper working uniform, neat and clean at all times.
- Assist in keeping necessary records on merchandise, personnel, and fuel.
- Assist in handling problems dealing with customers, personnel, or mechanical.
- Assist in making sure all personnel are supervised and trained thoroughly.
- Ensure the cleanliness, organization, and overall appearances of assigned store meets or exceeds company standard and are in proper working order both inside and out.
- Assist in implementing and following up of all company policies.
- Assist in making sure all shifts are covered.
- Lifestyle Scheduling
- Competitive Wages
- Employee Discount
- Heath Insurance
- Company Advancement
Why wait? If you’re interested we want to hear from you – Apply Now!
This job posting is open until filled by the right candidate for our Fat Dogs Team. If selected, the next step will be an in person interview.
This is a full-time, 30-40 hours per week position.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be willing to be Class A/B certified for UST fuel certification.
- Must be willing to take RBST training as required to sell tobacco and alcohol.
- Must be willing to be FoodSafe certified.
- Retail and/or guest experience preferred.