This person is highly reliable and known for their ability to execute with a high degree of expediency and accuracy. To be successful on the job, the convenience store supervisor needs to have the following skills and other qualities, which employers also normally require from applicants seeking the position.
Who We Are looking For
Essential Job Duties/Functions:
- Physically sound, with the ability to perform heavy physical activities occasionally
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written format
- Ability to meet up with targets and deadlines
- Possess organizational and management skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Possess leadership and decision making skills
- Possess planning and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively despite pressure
- Possess flexible on the job and the ability to execute multiple tasks at a time without losing focus
- Must possess an enthusiastic spirit and be friendly and welcoming
- Must be result driven individual with strong customer service skills
Duties, Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and direct the activities of other store employees
- Ensure that there is delivery of excellent customer service
- Play a role in recruiting, hiring, training, and development of new employees
- Ensure compliance of employees to company policies and procedures
- Ensure maximization of sales and profitability
- Control expenses
- Maintain inventory and stock levels
- Ensure flawless execution of projects and programs
- Provide directives to sales/cashiers associates when necessary
- Perform administrative duties as required by the manager
- Ensure high level of sanitation or cleanliness
- Ensure security and safety of store; complying with all environmental and safety guidelines
- Report any issue of misconduct to management or the appropriate authority
- Participate in all programs geared towards employee development
- Directly participate in the merchandising and stocking of the sales floor
- Assign employees to perform specific tasks
- Assist in the development and execution of policies, programs, and practices, with customer satisfaction as the central objective of operation
- Provide courteous and prompt resolution of employee and/or customer issues
- Ensure proper record keeping and avoidance of wastage
- Help to develop programs that will provide for optimum security of the assets of the company from all kinds of losses
- Motivate, challenge, as well as encourage other staff members
- Ensure implementation and enforcement of the store’s established daily procedures for operation
- Lifestyle Scheduling
- Competitive Wages
- Employee Discount
- Heath Insurance
- Company Advancement
This job posting is open until filled by the right candidate for our Fat Dogs Team. If selected, the next step will be an in person interview.
Education and/or Experience
Wilkinson Development will cover the expense for necessary training and certification.
- Must be willing to be Class C certified for UST fuel certification.
- Must be willing to take RBST training as required to sell tobacco and alcohol.
- Retail and/or guest experience preferred.